TEPA Appoints Advisory Council for Power Women of TEPA
HOUSTON – March 8, 2022 – The Energy Professionals Association (TEPA) has appointed a new advisory council to help direct the organization’s Power Women of TEPA Committee that was founded in 2019 by Shannon McGriff, TEPA’s Executive Director. Power Women, which was designed to foster the development of women in the retail energy market through networking and educational opportunities, has been led by McGriff since its inception.
“It’s exciting that Power Women of TEPA has taken the next step in making a positive difference in our industry,” said McGriff. “As a young female energy professional, I was extremely fortunate to find smart, driven women who were willing to mentor me. My experiences inspired me to form Power Women. Our focus will be on empowering and encouraging the development of women in retail energy, providing mentorship and being a collective voice for women who are building their careers. It’s especially fitting that we can announce our newly formed committee on International Women’s Day when the world is celebrating the efforts and achievements of women and girls worldwide.”
Kristin Pledger, Senior Manager of Sales Support and Account Management at Shell Energy, will serve as the Chair of the Power Women of TEPA Committee and will be joined by other women leaders in the industry from across the country. The committee will host their first meeting and be formerly introduced to TEPA membership during the Association’s 8th Annual Northeast Conference in New York City on Thursday, April 7th at the InterContinental Barclay Hotel.
Power Women of TEPA Committee members include:
- Lauren Bailey: Director of Sales, Broker Online Exchange
- Marguerite Calabrese: Director of Broker360, POWWR
- Sarah DeVon: Director, National Accounts, NRG
- Nancy Gardner: Vice President, Channel Partners, Transparent Energy
- Fa’ Lena Gary: Sales Support, Shell Energy Solutions
- Lena Golze Desmond: Regulatory Counsel, David Energy Systems
- Molly Oscarlece: Senior Director of Operations, Direct Sales Mantis Innovation
- Shana Page: Manager of Sales, Freepoint Energy Solutions
- Kristin Pledger: Sr. Manager of Sales Support and Account Management, Shell Energy
- Lacey Price: Customers Success Manager, Enerex
- Michelle Robichaux: RVP Indirect Channel, ENGIE Resources
- Andreya Shaak: VP, Product Management – Retail, VertexOne
- Meghan Stevens: C&I Business Development Manager, SmartestEnergy
- Katherine Tappan: Investor Relations, Priority Power Management
- Jennifer Underwood: Chief Operating Officer, APPI Energy
“I’m so grateful for Shannon’s vision in creating a committee that’s focused on advancing women’s careers and leadership opportunities in the retail energy space,” said Pledger. “We have a wonderful committee in place and look forward to making Power Women of TEPA the new standard in our industry.”
About The Energy Professionals Association
Established in 2005, The Energy Professionals Association (TEPA) is a not-for-profit organization of professionals dedicated to advancing competitive energy markets across the country. TEPA is a membership-based association that provides professional development, advocacy, certification program, and access to a network of respected industry leaders. TEPA is a self-regulating body aimed at improving processes and ensuring “ABCs” maintain an acceptable level of market knowledge and responsibility while transacting in the marketplace. Members of the ABC indirect sales channel community provide a forum for developing common interests and perpetuating the integrity of competitive markets. For more information visit https://www.tepausa.org.